My Body is Enough Cards (set of 10)
My Body is Enough Cards (set of 10)
This listing is for a set of 10 #mybodyisenough cards. Each card is 5"x7" and hand illustrated and lettered by Rachel Tenny. The backside of the card is black and perfect for framing or sending a note to a friend! The cards are hand lettered with encouraging quotes and sayings, including:
1) You were born to be real, not to be perfect!
2) 5x5 Rule-If it's not going to matter in 5 years, don't spend more than 5 minutes worrying about it!
3) A scale can only give a numerical reflection of your relationship with gravity. That's it...it doesn't measure your character, beauty, talent, purpose, possibility, strength or worth.
4) Hating your body will never get you as far as loving it will!
5) Life is tough my darling, but so are you!
6) Dear body-you were never the problem. There is nothing wrong your curves, your scars, your flaws, or you. It's not your job to be "pretty" or "thin". You're good enough already.
7) You are beautiful, you are loved. You are so much more than enough.
8) It's okay to be a glowstick; sometimes we need to break before we shine.
9) Self-acceptance doesn't depend on how others view your body.
10) Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come-remember everything you have face, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome!
About the #mybodyisneough project:
My passion for promoting positive body image runs deep. As I started my master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling in 2014, I began to work at an eating disorder treatment center. Through my work there, I became fired up not only about working with individuals with diagnosed eating disorders, but also those people who fell on the "fringe." My definition of that is the people who have never been diagnosed with an eating disorder, but exhibit some of the symptoms and have low self-esteem and a lot of hate for their body.
I know a lot of these women (and men too!) in my own life, in fact I was one. As a teenager, I would obsess about how my body looked and feel like I didn't compare or measure up to what I was seeing on TV, magazines, or social media. I agonized over how to lose the "last 5 pounds" and tried countless fad diets and spent hours in the gym working out obsessively. It made me exhausted and also made me like my body a whole lot less.
Over the years I spent learning how to love myself, I developed a passion for helping others to do the same. I share a lot of body positive message on my personal and business social media, because I know people can use those reminders. I get lots of message from people about their own struggles to love themselves and all the ways they have tried and failed. The #mybodyisenough project was developed to create a way for women to share their stories about learning to love themselves without feeling shame for doing so. Sharing stories can start a chain reaction, which is my greatest goal. I want to empower women of all sizes and shapes to love themselves wholeheartedly.
Not when they lose the weight or can fit into their pre-baby jeans. Now. Right now. Without change and without wavering. Loving yourself is a lifel-ong journey, and accepting your body is the first step.
You are beautiful. You are loved. You are so much more than enough.
Please note: Cards will ship with 3-5 business days via USPS. Rachel Tenny is not responsible for any prints that are lost or damaged in the mail. For a full list of policies, please view the bottom of the shop page!